NSW Office of Environment and Heritage - Refurbishment of Kenneth Myers House
The original inhabitants of the Myer House were the Yuin People. Sub-division began in the 1870's, the land was used as a Dairy in the 1940's and 1950's, and in the 1960's experienced a period of interest from wealthy Melbourne identities. Roy Grounds, a prominent Australian architect purchased the property later welcoming Kenneth Myer, businessman and philanthropist as Tenant-in-common.
The design of Myer House is seen as being comparable with the National Gallery of Victoria. 1973 saw the gazettal of MRNP, and the donation and subsequent lease arrangement and bequeathal of the Penders land that in part supported the farming of native hardwood plantations for use in the tannolith treatment plant on-site. This same timber was used in the construction of the buildings.
The site has State Heritage significance administered under both the Heritage Act and the National Parks and Wildlife Act, 1979.